J.E.Dean was originally called James H. Harrison and founded in 1887. The company became J.E.Dean (Hazel Grove) Ltd in 1960 and continues to trade from its office in Hazel Grove.
The company has a long and proud history passing down three generations of the Dean family.
1887-1940: James H. Harrison started up a Sanitary Plumbing company on Warren Street, Stockport in the late 1800’s .
1940: Ted Dean started work at J.H.Harrison and within a few years was running the company for the elderly James Harrison.
1950: Upon the death of James Harrison the company changed its name to Exors of J.H.Harrison with Ted Dean becoming a director of the firm with the Elderly Daughters of Mr Harrison.
1960: Ted Dean bought out the Harrison family interest in the firm and changed its name to ‘J.E.Dean Ltd’
1967: The Company moved to Napier Street, Hazel Grove.
1970- present: The Company became a limited Company under the name ‘J.E.Dean (Hazel Grove) Ltd ‘ and continues to trade under this name from it premises in Napier Street, Hazel Grove. The company is now run by Ted Dean’s son and grandson, Warren and James Dean.